Steps When Upgrading – Migrating From MS CRM 4 To CRM 2011
If you can not see the above video, you can find it at the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9DpD5wB9HQ
Al and me discussing high level steps when upgrade / migrating from CRM 4 to CRM 2011.
- Create virtual machine
- Install CRM 4 64-bit / SQL 2008 on the virtual machine
- Move over customizations and data to the virtual machine’s CRM 4 install
- Run the upgrade on the CRM 4 virtual machine to bring it to CRM 2011
- Create a brand new CRM 2011 production environment
- Port over your customizations and data from the CRM 2011 virtual machine to your new production environment
Have you done many upgrades / migrations from CRM 4 to CRM 2011 yet? How many days, on average, have your projects taken?